[ltp] T61 brightness control - partial solution

Jimmy Wu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:13:49 -0400

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Kai Weber <kai.weber@glorybox.de> wrote:
> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>  > On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:47:03PM +0000, Jimmy Wu wrote:
>  >> I have a T61 running Debian Sid. The Fn+Home and Fn+End work in that
>  >> they change the screen brightness, though nothing pops up to indicate
>  >> the current level. I counted 16 levels of brightness on the way down
>  >> [...]
>
>  >
>  > You mean that brightness works out of the box on an fresh sid install using
>  > pure Xfce4? What is your graphic card (intel or nvidia)?
>
>  This would be very strange and be the opposite to my experience.
>  Backlight does not work here. Debian/sid, 2.6.24 and thinkpad_acpi:
>
>  thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.19-20080213
>  thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
>  thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 7LETB0WW (2.10 ), EC 7KHT24WW-1.08
>  thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad T61
>  thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are enabled
>  thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo BIOS switched to ACPI backlight control mode
>  thinkpad_acpi: standard ACPI backlight interface available, not loading
>  native one...

Hmm, so I am the exception?
If anyone wants me to post any of my acpi / hardware configuration,
I'd be more than willing to oblige, as long as you tell me what to
post (I don't know much about these things)

--
Jimmy Wu
Registered Linux User #454138