[ltp] Re: Lenovo Service and Support - My last Thinkpad

Tim Niemeyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:48:53 +0100

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

Hallo,

i had also a very bad experience with lenovo support.=20

My english is not very good, but i try to write my story:
My Bluetooth wasn't working any more and my LID doesn't close right=20
(X61s) so that there came nice little scratches in the display!
I didn't bought the on-site support, so i had to send my notebook to lenovo.
At first i had to pay for this very expensive hotline number and i
should also pay shipping, but i could handle out that they use a pickup
system wich doesn't cost anything for me.
Bluetooth was repaired after about one week, but the technician didn't
looked at the scratches as i called them after this week.
A little good point was, that i could spoke directly to the technician,
but he tolds me only that this scratches were user-produced and not
covered by the warranty, and if i'm at a different opinion, i had to
create a complaint ticket.
Ok, i called this expensive number again to open this complain, but they
told me only that they are only an outsourced firm and i have to call
lenovo. Then i called the not soo expensive lenovo number and tried to
open this complain, but they said that i only can open an complain by
writing them an e-mail.
Ok, about one week after it wrote this mail, a slovak lenovo employee
called me (i'm in germany). After weeks of telephone calls it was clear:
I produced the scratches because i closed the lid!
Ok, not very customer friendly to sell a notebook wich is not
closeable, but what should i do?
I asked this slovak resolution-owner what happens if the repaire-center
team closes the notebook and produces also scatches? But he only
answeared, that we talk about this if this really happens!

After overall about 2 month i got my notebook back!
As prophesied, the lid was closed, and of course the scratches are now
more and bigger!
I directly called the slovak lenovo guy and told him, but he only said
that i should call the support hotline! :-(
On support hotline they told me, that i could send the notebook back to
them so that they can look at this.

And now i have the problem, i really need this device and can't wait
again two month for it!

Have anyone of you an idea how to handle this? I think that the
scratches aren't the problem, it's more the faulty lid!
If you want you can take a look at this:
http://mastersword.de/~reddog/notebook/1.00004.jpg
On the picture you can easily see that the notebook simply is very bad
and cheaply manufactured!

The only really good news is, that my bluetooth working again! ;)

* Axel Braun <axel.braun@gmx.de> [27-03-08 07:56]:
> Peter Lemken wrote:
>=20
> [...]=20
>=20
> > What pisses me off in particular is the way I was treated as a customer.
> > Not a single apology for the delay and reaction time and not a single
> > effort to find a solution for the problem; mere shoulder shrugging is a=
ll
> > I got.
> >=20
> > I am sure my company will rethink its decision to buy Lenovo notebooks
> > that is in planning right now; we can't use that kind of business policy
> > in a professional environment.
>=20
> Unfortunately this goes in line with the current perception, that the Len=
ovo
> support is far behind from what we have been used from IBM. It may be a
> good example for 'customer support' for the german c't magazine as well.
>=20
> Up to now I've ordered my laptops as well with the 3year on site warranty.
> May be worth to rethink this.

Tim Niemeyer

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--