[ltp] How to get rid of the delay on power button key events ?

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:03:30 +0100

Hi all,
until today I thought the power button of my T61 was not working under Linux.

It took my quite some coincidence to figure out that one has to press it for
(half) a second or so until both ACPI and keypress events are triggered. In fact
I was frustrated when it was still not working when I was trying 2.6.25-rc7 and
so I kept my finger on it while running "input-events" - pure luck.

Is there any way to get the ACPI and / or key press events instantly (like with
any other key) ?

I'm always afraid of holding it down to long and switching the machine off thereby.

I can see the point of that delay - it helps not to shut down the machine by
accident, but since I configured it to display the logout menu that wouldn't be
a problem.

Thanks a lot in advance !

Regards,
Jens