[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.37

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:07:20 -0400

Greetings,

A new stable release of tp_smapi is out, adding a few attributes and
catching up with new kernels and models.

For future development, we need a couple of data points:
- If you can dual-boot into Windows and do a battery calibration using
IBM/Lenovo's software, please post your `grep ""'
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/*` before and after calibration.
(Note: don't calibrate too often, it will wear our your battery).
- If you have a 7-cell or 5-cell battery, please post your `grep ""'
/sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/*`.

0.37 2008-03-28
---------------------
- Fix compilation on kernel 2.6.25
- hdaps whitelist: changed default orientation of ThinkPad R60, R61, X40, X41.
- tp_smapi: Added 3 new read-only battery attributes
  /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT?/remaining_running_time_now
    (time remaining according to instantenous power instead of average)
  /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT?/charging_max_current
    (maximum current allowed during charging)
  /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT?/charging_max_voltage
    (maximum voltage allowed during charging)
- tp_smapi and README: improved documentation of battery info attributes.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1212&package_id=171579
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/tp_smapi