[ltp] X61s and fan speed < level 1

Günther Starnberger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:50:51 +0200

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 07:34:28PM +0200, Adam Sloboda wrote:

Hello,

> try tp-fancontrol script from thinkwiki, it keeps eye on the
> temperature and turns off the fan when possible.

I've already used it, but it regularly switches to a level >=1 (when
using the default thresholds) as the system heats up when the fan is
completely disabled.

A "level 0.5" with ~3300 rpm would be perfect, but thats not possible
with tp-fancontrol as it just uses the proc interface where you could
either disable the fan completely or use a speed of about 3800 rpm.

bye,
Guenther

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--