[ltp] More war stories about Lenovo build quality

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:56:28 +0200

--------------enig6670258803907B25047281CB

David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> The issues with the X61s so far are:

Have the laptop repaired/replaced, you clearly got a crappy brick. I=20
don't think this implies much about general build quality of thinkpads,=20
though.

> Thinkfinger has some serious bugs related to this, which exposes my
> typed password in cleartext if I'm not careful.

SW bug

> 3. At some random interval, the keyboard decides to "forget" how to
> use ctrl/alt/shift keys, and thus I can't function at all in X.

Try switching away from tghe "evdev" X/kernel driver if you still use=20
it, it is known to be broken.

Cheers,
-jkt

--=20