[ltp] Re: [Thinkpad] replacing the modem (MDC) with bluetooth (BDC)?

RayBay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 04:03:24 -0700

------=_Part_12462_30093218.1206961404102

You can use a PCMCIA Card (PC Card) bluetooth for best results, or a USB
Bluetooth device, without replacing the modem.  The range of bluetooth can
be as short as 15 feet or as long as 100 feet with those devices. There are
many you can find on NewEgg or Outpost, so I expect your will find as many
in whatever country you are in.

I have no trouble with my X31. I used the install disk that came with the
device.

RayBay

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I own a X31 (2672-PG9) which has just a modem built-in. As I do not
> need it, I would like to replace it with a bluetooth daughter card.
> On eBay there are some MBDC-3 listed as compatible with the X31, but as
> my X31 was not build for bluetooth (it does not have the LED) I wanted
> to ask you how complicated the replacement would be. Does the card need
> some kind of antenna?
>
> TIA & kind regards
> Evgeni Golov

________

You only have to do a very few things right in your life
so long as you don't do too many things wrong.
. Warren Buffett

But then this advice is too late for you, eh?.
.

------=_Part_12462_30093218.1206961404102

You can use a PCMCIA Card (PC Card) bluetooth for best results, or a USB Bluetooth device, without replacing the modem.&nbsp; The range of bluetooth can be as short as 15 feet or as long as 100 feet with those devices. There are many you can find on NewEgg or Outpost, so I expect your will find as many in whatever country you are in.<br>
I own a X31 (2672-PG9) which has just a modem built-in. As I do not<br>
need it, I would like to replace it with a bluetooth daughter card.<br>
On eBay there are some MBDC-3 listed as compatible with the X31, but as<br>
my X31 was not build for bluetooth (it does not have the LED) I wanted<br>
to ask you how complicated the replacement would be. Does the card need<br>
some kind of antenna?<br>
TIA &amp; kind regards<br>
Evgeni Golov<br>