[ltp] T61 Gutsy > Hardy upgrade almost fixed stuff

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 May 2008 20:52:20 -0700

I just upgraded Gutsy x86_64 on my T61 to Hardy x86_64.

The good news:
   Brightness buttons now work
   Boot splash screen now works

The bad news:
   4965agn wireless still doesn't work and the LED still doesn't come on

Regarding the 4965agn, I can't test it well here at home because I have
no wireless here. However, it ought to at least be able to see my
neighbors' networks. If I put in a Netgear WG511T card that I have been
using for the past year, then I get an ath0 interface and all the
neighbors' networks show up. Without the Netgear card (but with my home
ethernet connected), here is what I get:

jjj@Devil7:~$ sudo iwlist scan
[sudo] password for jjj:
lo        Interface doesn't support scanning.
eth0      Interface doesn't support scanning.
wmaster0  Interface doesn't support scanning.
wlan0     No scan results

All I need is to get the 4965agn working and my life will be perfect.
Any suggestions?