[ltp] Re: T61 Gutsy > Hardy upgrade almost fixed stuff

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 May 2008 15:07:23 +1000

John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> writes:

> I just upgraded Gutsy x86_64 on my T61 to Hardy x86_64.
>
> The good news:
>    Brightness buttons now work
>    Boot splash screen now works
>
> The bad news:
>    4965agn wireless still doesn't work and the LED still doesn't come
>    on

I have no LED (2.6.25+ required) but the actual wireless card works fine
under KUbuntu with NetworkManager, and with the command line tools.[1]

I can't suggest anything specific other than it working fine on a T61p,
so something similar /can/ work, even if it doesn't right now. ;)

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  ...but I don't know if NetworkManager/HAL are doing anything
     magical to make it work other than the standard hardware loading.