[ltp] Re: Brightness up/down with video module

Shannon McMackin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 01 May 2008 08:27:54 -0400

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:30:54AM +0000, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, rocku wrote:
>>> Could anyone with properly working brightness up/down key control check
>>> to see how does it look like in His or Hers system? I'm wondering if I
>>> should file a bug report to video module developers...
>> I suggest you try removing brightness bogosity from HAL first before you
>> bother the kernel people...
>
> Even without hal in the way (stopping hal, acpid, powersaved and X), nothing
> appears when using brightness keys.
> Same situation, running X, nothing else.
>
> (did you receive my mail CC:ed from the bugreport?)
Not sure of how, but they fixed the brightness keys in Ubuntu Hardy Heron.

When I look at /proc/acpi/video/VID0/LCD0/brightness, it never changes.
   VID1/LCD0/brightness is the file that changes in increments of 5.