[ltp] Trackpoint in Slackware

Audrius Kažukauskas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 May 2008 20:28:28 +0300

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

Hello,

Some time ago someone in this list wrote, that he couldn't get
trackpoint recognized in Slackware and configure it through /sys
interface.  I also had this problem, but didn't care about it too much
(read: was too lazy) until today.

So, I went to thinkwiki.org and after wandering around for some time saw
a notice, that psmouse driver is blacklisted in Slackware 12 (in
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist).  I am using -current and didn't find
anything there, BUT /etc/modprobe.d/psmouse had a line

  options psmouse proto=3Dimps

After commenting it and "rmmod psmouse; modprobe psmouse" all additional
trackpoint related files appeared in

  /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/

(according to another notice in thinkwiki, this is due to my R61i not
having a touchpad).  I tried to set different speed and sensitivity, and
it works as expected.

The problem here was IMPS protocol, which, as I understand, treats
trackpoint just as ordinary mouse.

--=20
Audrius Ka=C5=BEukauskas

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK