[ltp] Re: T61 Gutsy > Hardy upgrade almost fixed stuff

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 May 2008 16:47:19 +1000

"David A. Desrosiers" <david.a.desrosiers@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Donald P Kong <dpkong@pc.jaring.my> wrote:
>
>     network-manager should still see wireless networks available if you are
>     connected to wired LAN, unless the wifi card is disabled/module
>     unloaded.
>
> Network Manager is non-functional in Hardy, just as it was in
> Gutsy. Avoid it if you want functioning wired or wireless networking.

Your statement is trivially false: I am using Network Manager on the
laptop on which I write this.

Perhaps you mean:

I have had trouble with Network Manager in Ubuntu, for example <insert
example here>, which you can read about in detail in my bug report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/....

Hrm?
   Daniel