[ltp] T60p Gutsy > Hardy upgrade - S2ram fails

Mon, 5 May 2008 15:26:42 +0300

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:58:43AM +0100, Phil Shotton wrote:
> Took the plunge yesterday and upgraded Gutsy -> Hardy on my T60p. Went =
=20
> like a dream except that suspend to ram no longer works.
> On restart the screen remains blank. I can switch to vt but can't login.
> I've added acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios to the boot params, and have =20
> SVAE_VBE_STATE=3Dtrue and POST_VIDEO=3Dfalse in /etc/default/acpi-support.
> Anyone got any ideas?

What's the video card?  What driver do you use?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
It's my understanding that although in principle TCP can handle huge
throughputs in practice many stacks haven't been optimized for that case, so
you have to either use a utility which opens multiple TCP sessions in paral=
lel
or do something really radical like upgrade to the latest version of the li=
nux
kernel.
		-- Bram Cohen

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J