[ltp] T61 Gutsy > Hardy upgrade almost fixed stuff

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 May 2008 14:26:46 -0500

Works for me........
I had some droping issues in gutsy, but my laptop is brand new, and it
was only occasional.
Hardy is fine since alpha with my t61p.

What isnt working, and is kinda pissing me off is the hdaps.  it works
on other models, but currently with the t61p the only way to get it to
work is with a kernel patch, which is a bit beyond the average users
and I have not had time to try it.  The video card with the NVIDIA
fx570 256mb works great.  I have not tested the AT&T wan 3g card. The
Draft n wireless is awewsome.  Hibernate and Suspend to ram is still a
bit shaky, I can suspend, but hiberate is still not working for me,
although I have not spent time working on hibernate.  64bit is
awesome, I can see all 4gb of ram........
It is possible to see all 4gb of ram with 32bit, but that also
requires some kernel work.  WPA and WPA2 seem to work fine as well.
hmmmmmm what else....dunno

Chris Penn...

--
"As we open our newspapers or watch our television screens, we seem to
be continually assaulted by the fruits of Mankind's stupidity."