[ltp] Is Kubuntu Dapper Drake the end of the line for 600x?

Matthias Bärwolff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 May 2008 14:37:29 +0200

Michelle Klein-Hass schrieb:

> Anyone still running a 600x? Anyone got a modern kernel running on that
> puppy?

I've had Knoppix/Debian on it for a while. Now just a week ago turned to
ZenWalk, it is simply *amazing* on this machine - works like a charm. It
is fast, looks good, and even has some real nice apps in the defaut
install that I hadn't known of.

Plus the hazzle to get it installed was practically zero, no kryptic
boot parameters necessary.

Only acpi doesn't work. apm standby used to work on my earlier Knoppix
install, but I haven't figured out yet how to get apm working with
ZenWalk. If anyone has, please let me know. I would appreciate that.

Thanks,

Natthias

--
Matthias Bärwolff, M.A.

          Technische Universität Berlin - Fakultät IV
          Fachgebiet Informatik und Gesellschaft

All great wisdom is contained in .signature files