[ltp] Is Kubuntu Dapper Drake the end of the line for 600x?

Tue, 6 May 2008 15:53:35 -0300

On Tue, 06 May 2008, Damien Challet wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 May 2008 15.50:13 Phil Shotton wrote:
> > Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) installed with no problems off the live CD on my
> > 600x. Using the network (through a Linksys wireless USB stick)
> > occasionally hangs the system solid, but apart from that it's fine. I
> > can't get acpi to work (even with acpi=force on boot)
>
> acpi works fine on 600E, but you need to add pci=noacpi as well.

File a bug, if pci=noacpi is ALWAYS the correct thing to do with a 600E
using its LATEST BIOS, then it should be added as a quirk to the kernel,
AFAIK.

That said, there is a !@#$%!@# bug on everything since 2.6.23 that
caused all sort of machine-fixup PCI quirks to be skipped(!!).  It might
well be that there is a quick for the 600E already in there, but it is
not being activated on 2.6.23, 2.6.24 and 2.6.25.

Anyway, please file the bug on bugzilla.kernel.org.

  Henrique Holschuh