[ltp] T60p + FireGL + Atheros Wireless Hardy Upgraded Failure

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 May 2008 10:29:27 +0100

Sounds like you've had bad luck there - my upgrade on exactly the same
hardware went like a charm.
I suspect most of the problems are due to the proprietary ATI driver. If
you can live with slow 3D performance (850 fps on glxgears) then I
highly recommend the latest ati/radeon drivers from xorg.  This will
give you fully working twinhead support and suspend-to-ram but won't
allow compiz.
The ati/radeon drivers distributed with Hardy seem to work OK but I
couldn't get suspend-to-ram to work, and there were artifacts around the
cursor. The latest drivers from git cured that - thanks to Alex Deucher.

Good luck!
Phil