[ltp] Re: New T61 :) Wireless manager question, and wireless question.

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 May 2008 15:11:03 +0300

On Tue, 06 May 2008 12:33:00 +0200
Sebastian Geiger <sbastig@gmx.net> wrote:

> I belive there is a huge difference in KnetworkManager between x86=20
> (32bit) and amd64 (64bit). I for my self had Knetworkmanager running on=20
> Gentoo 64bit with no success. While a friend of mine is running it on=20
> Kubuntu 7.10 (32bit) and it seems to work perfectly. Even he was able to=
=20
> configure the VPNC plugin, which in turn caused my Knetworkmanager to=20
> crash repeatedly.
>=20

What version of libglib2.0 are you using?

IIRC libglib2.0-0 version 2.16.3-1 (at least the debian version) caused
network-manager not to function. If you are using that version see if you c=
an
upgrade or downgrade and see if that solves the problem.

I'm using the amd64 version but nm-applet (gnome version) not the kde apple=
t.