[ltp] thinkpad-acpi (T6x/R6x/X6x): requesting testers for wireless switch behaviour

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 May 2008 17:22:23 +0100

1)

Thinkpad T60p, 2007FVG
BIOS version: 79ETD8WW (2.18 )     BIOS Revision: 2.24    Firmware
Revision: 1.7

2)
2a)
I have no /proc/acpi/ibm/wan despite having working wireless!
/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth reports enabled although light is off and
bluetooth applet exited.
Wireless light is off and Networkmanager doesn't show wireless
2b)
Cannot contact wireless or bluetooth. Looks like they are really off.
2b1)
Don't know what to try to do this, but they definitely don't want to turn on
2c)
N/A
3a)
Yes, everything is off
3b)
3c)
/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth reports disabled and light remains off. Can't
run bt-applet. Looks like bluetooth is really off.
3d)
Wireless is back on, and I can connect to wifi.
If I "echo enabled >/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth" bluetooth comes back on
and works.

lspci does not show the bluetooth card, but does show the wireless card,
whether hardware switch is on or off.
lsusb shows 10 devices with hardware switch on, and 9 with hardware
switch off. The one that vanishes is:
Bus 004 Device 009: ID 0a5c:2110 Broadcom Corp.
which I guess is the bluetooth device

HTH
Phil