[ltp] thinkpad-acpi (T6x/R6x/X6x): requesting testers for wireless switch behaviour

Thu, 8 May 2008 17:58:38 -0300

On Thu, 08 May 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Basically, I need to know some data points and I'd appreciate if some
> T6x/R6x/X6x owners could run the tests below and report back.  I'd

Wow, that was fast.  Thanks to all that responded, including to those
that asked for further instructions.

I won't even need more data (at least for bluetooth), the picture is
pretty clear and makes too much sense to be wrong:

1. The wireless slider switch does override everything when you tell it
to turn the radios off (this is Good(tm)).

2. The firmware switches for WWAN and Bluetooth are independent from the
above switch, and you need both to be ON for the radio to be ON.  This
is also good, but it means I have a bug to fix.

3. Turning the radio switch on could have wierd effects on the firmware
switches, and it is a good idea to refresh them.  Easy enough to work
around, will fix as well.

BTW, WWAN is the wireless 3G/EDGE/UMTS/GPRS/whatever cell network
interface card, not the IEEE 802.11a/b/g WiFi WLAN card, sorry about not
making it more clear.  It should work just like bluetooth, so chances
are whatever happens to bluetooth also happens to the WWAN card.

  Henrique Holschuh