[ltp] intel GM965 rescales 1024 to 1280 on LVDS on a T61

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 May 2008 12:06:54 +0200

--=-zBbmUBPOE96kWkNYuWtY

Hi Ulrich.

tor 2008-05-08 klockan 10:27 +0200 skrev U Kuehn:
> There should be a BIOS option for the display called "HW expansion".
> Maybe you have it turned on? Do you get the very initial screens of
> GRUB/LILO and the linux kernel before a framebuffer kicks in in full
> size, or only a small middle portion of the screen? The former would
> hint to enabled hw expansion...

The console, boot screen, initial screen of GRUB - they're all
expanded/full screen as it should be when hardware expansion is active.

The problem is that I've searched the BIOS for such a setting before,
and did that right now as well, but there simply is no such setting
available. :(

What I did: Boot > Press blue ThinkVantage button > Press F1
The "title" is now BIOS Setup Utility
Choose Config > Display and now the only available settings are:

- Default Primary Video Device
- Boot Display Device
- Brightness

/
	Fredrik

BIOS Information
        Vendor: LENOVO
        Version: 7LET51WW (1.21 )
        Release Date: 08/22/2007
        Address: 0xE0000
        Runtime Size: 128 kB
        ROM Size: 4096 kB
        Characteristics:
                PCI is supported
                PC Card (PCMCIA) is supported
                PNP is supported
                BIOS is upgradeable
                BIOS shadowing is allowed
                ESCD support is available
                Boot from CD is supported
                Selectable boot is supported
                BIOS ROM is socketed
                EDD is supported
                ACPI is supported
                USB legacy is supported
                BIOS boot specification is supported
                Targeted content distribution is supported
        BIOS Revision: 1.33
        Firmware Revision: 1.6

--=-zBbmUBPOE96kWkNYuWtY

--=-zBbmUBPOE96kWkNYuWtY--