[ltp] Re: thinkpad-acpi (T6x/R6x/X6x): requesting testers for wireless switch behaviour

Rainer Rehak linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 May 2008 12:40:27 +0200

--------------enig0859BD434FEAB69B5BC087AE

Hi all,
i have a X60 with Ubuntu 8.04:

> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
 >> In order to add rfkill support to thinkpad-acpi, and have it=20
work really
 >> well, I need to know how the BLUETOOTH and WWAN switches (those
 >> reported/modified by /proc/acpi/ibm/wan and=20
/proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth)
 >> behave IN RELATION TO the *hardware* slider radio switch (not=20
the fn+f5
 >> hotkey).
>> I believe turning WWAN and bluetooth off through the thinkpad firmware=

>> actually unplugs them from the USB bus.  If that's true, it should be =
>> really simple matter to know if it is working or not, as they will sho=
>> up and disappear from lsusb output (run lsusb as root)...

I am not sure, if this helps you, but first: i don't have a=20
bluetooth hardware switch, which means i turn it on and off via=20
Fn+F5, which adds or removed the bluetooth device from/to the usb bus.
$ dmesg
[ 3243.316435] usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and=20
address 3
[ 3243.491129] usb 4-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[ 3243.566481] Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.9
[ 3243.568402] usbcore: registered new interface driver hci_usb

Second, i use the madwifi-ng drivers with the norfkill option for my=20
wireless. This disables the hardware switch (got it? =3D)).

Greetings
Rainer

--=20
"Freiheit nutzt sich ab, wenn sie nicht genutzt wird."

Bitte schickt mir wenn m=F6glich PGP verschl=FCsselte E-Mails,
zur Not helfe ich Euch dabei, das einzurichten.
Einfach meinen =F6ffentlichen Schl=FCssel verwenden:

Please send me PGP encrypted mail whenever possible
using my public key, if necessary I could help you
configuring the appropriate programs:

PGP-Key: <http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~rehak/3D6C8F01_RR.asc>
Fingerprint:=20
<http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~rehak/3D6C8F01_RR_fp.txt>