[ltp] intel GM965 rescales 1024 to 1280 on LVDS on a T61

Fri, 9 May 2008 18:31:20 +0300

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 04:01:37PM +0200, Fredrik Wendt wrote:
> fre 2008-05-09 klockan 15:20 +0300 skrev Marius Gedminas:
> > > [snip]I don't
> > > feel like updating unless there's a need for it.
> >=20
> > Do you use the two USB ports on the right side?  If so, and if you're
> > unhappy that they stop working after 15 minutes with Bluetooth on, then
> > you do have a need to update the BIOS.  (BIOS 2.07 had the fix for USB,
> > so if you have an older one -- and I seem to remember an email upthread
> > that indicates you do -- then you have that problem.)
>=20
> Ah - well, I've been kind of used to running lsusb manually to "force"
> it into a working mode again when after plugging in a new device (mouse,
> keyboard and USB memory stick is what I've used - unplug has always
> worked).

Cool, I didn't know about that workaround.  I used to rmmod/modprobe the
USB module.

> Will update the BIOS. Will report if this adds a HW expansion option in
> the BIOS.=20
>=20
> Can't verify the xrandr thing  either (using Ubuntu Hardy here too =3D
> "old" X) but I'm sure it'll work like charm. :)

It works fine, although I patched it to allow textures larger than
2048x2048 (dual-head Compiz is sweet).

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Linux became only possible because 20 years of OS research was carefully
studied, analyzed, discussed and thrown away.
		-- Ingo Molnar

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--