[ltp] strange keyboard behaviour after power savings

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 May 2008 11:35:25 +0200

Hi,

yesterday I tried to enable some of the power saving options mentioned
on thinkwiki:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_reduce_power_consumption

I only enabled things from which I thought I knew what they do. But now
if I start, my keyboard does strange things: on login, I type a-r-n-o,
but get only „arn“. Now I can press any other key, say f, and I get the
missing „o“. The next key may be b, but I get the „f“, and so on.
Sometimes I just have to wait about 1sec for the korrekt letter to appear…
Ok, I could work with this, if I always think two steps ahead and one
back—but I’m not that smart ;)
Could anyone give me a hint, what could have caused this? Or give me a
keyword to google? I don’t know exactly what to search for…
I run Arch Linux, gdm, on a X61s.

Thanks,
Arno

p.s.: With Win Vista, the keyboard works just fine, so it shouldn’t be a
hardware issue.