[ltp] Hardy on T61 has few annoying issues...

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 May 2008 05:32:21 -0500

if you are using hardy, I would be careful just expecting the same
results from a howto for gutsy, just my opinion.
Also, those two links are in reference to different video cards.
Thank might make a difference.
have you tried the newest video drivers from nvidia?  Might help.
In general, the suspend needs tweaking and the hiberate does not work yet.

Regarding the evolution.  I would use thunderbird instead.  Not a
solution there, just a suggestion.
Also, if you use the thunderbird, get the thunderbird update add-on,
and it will update regularly.  There
is also a cool addon for google calendars.

here is my xorg file wrt the keyboard and mouse:
#################################
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

#Section "InputDevice"
#       Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
#       Driver          "mouse"
#       Option          "CorePointer"
#EndSection

# added for middle mouse button
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Trackpoint"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
        Option          "EmulateWheel"          "true"
        Option          "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizEdgeScroll"       "0"
EndSection

Chris ....