[ltp] strange keyboard behaviour after power savings

Mon, 12 May 2008 17:28:34 +0300

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 11:35:25AM +0200, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> yesterday I tried to enable some of the power saving options mentioned =
=20
> on thinkwiki:
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_reduce_power_consumption
>
> I only enabled things from which I thought I knew what they do. But now =
=20
> if I start, my keyboard does strange things: on login, I type a-r-n-o, =
=20
> but get only =84arn=93. Now I can press any other key, say f, and I get t=
he =20
> missing =84o=93. The next key may be b, but I get the =84f=93, and so on.=
 =20
> Sometimes I just have to wait about 1sec for the korrekt letter to=20
> appear=85

This might be some sort of an accidentally-enabled accessibility
feature.  I would suggest checking gnome-keyboard-preferences.

> Ok, I could work with this, if I always think two steps ahead and one =20
> back=97but I=92m not that smart ;)
> Could anyone give me a hint, what could have caused this? Or give me a =
=20
> keyword to google? I don=92t know exactly what to search for=85
> I run Arch Linux, gdm, on a X61s.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you want to trick a pointy-haired boss into letting you write software in
Lisp, you could try telling him it's XML.
                -- http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k--