[ltp] fingerprint reader heating up (t61)

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 May 2008 21:18:09 +0200

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 05:12:47PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 01:22:37AM +0300, Micha wrote:
> > Did some more testing, it doesn't seem to be an hardisk issue. It isn't=
 working
> > much when the touchpad is heating up and removing uhci_hcd makes it coo=
l down,
> > suggesting fingerprint reader.
> >=20
> > on the other hand I noticed today that another issue I have seems to be
> > related. hald-addon-input goes to 100% for a long time, and it seems fr=
om what
> > I've seen today that this is what's driving the fingerprint reader.
> >=20
> > Any ideas about that?
>=20
> Run strace and/or gdb on it to see what it's doing?
>=20
> FWIW I've never noticed the fingerprint reader getting warm on my T61.

I recently had the same problem on my X60s and found a thread concerning
hald-addon-input on the ubuntu forum.

final solution for me was to replace the debian hal package with the latest
bugfix release from ubuntu

ii  hal                 0.5.11~rc2-1ubuntu7 Hardware Abstraction Layer

>=20
> Marius Gedminas
> --=20
> I am right now in the process of reading the Xft source code (the suspens=
e near
> the end of Chapter 7 is unbearable) [...]
> 	-- Juliusz Chroboczek

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

join me at Xing: