[ltp] Re: T61, Lenovo quality, Linux pre-installed, alternatives

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 May 2008 22:37:45 -0400

> I'd strongly suggest to use an udev rule for that purpose. This might be
> a bit tricky and since I don't have a fingerprint reader, I can't
> provide you with a working (tested) example. Still, the ordering in
> which usb devices appear on the bus is by no means stable.

Feel free to send a sample udev rule.  I've written a few such things,
but have no idea how to start this one, so even if yours doesn't work it
would be helpful.

Maybe sysfs.conf should be extended to be able to specify file names
that depend on the content of other files.

        Stefan