[ltp] Hang at wakeup from suspend

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 May 2008 10:13:16 +0100

I'm getting an unusual hang after waking up from suspend. The screen is
locked, but the password dialogue doesn't come up. Mouse pointer is
still moving. I can kill the X server, it restarts and I then get the
login screen. I can type my name, but it doesn't get as far as password
entry. If I go to a vt I get the same thing. Login prompt accepts user
name and then hangs before prompting for password. Eventually everything
locks solid, and the way out is a reboot.

Sometimes I can't even type login name, but I can still switch between vts.

I'm running hardy heron on a T60p with ATI Mobility FireGL V5250. I'm
running the latest radeon driver built from xf86-video-ati git about a
week ago, but otherwise everything is stock.
There's nothing obvious in /var/log/messages. I used to get this
occasionally with gutsy, but hardy seems worse.

Any suggestions as to where I go to diagnose and (hopefully) fix this -
it's starting to get annoying!

Thanks
Phil