[ltp] Re: iwl4965, Hardy x86_64, and frustration (long)

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 May 2008 18:12:12 +0300

On Fri, 09 May 2008 23:40:42 -0400
Shannon McMackin <smcmackin@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 May 2008 20:02:40 +0200
> > Peter Fr=C3=BChberger <peter.fruehberger@gmail.com> dijo:
> >=20
> >> modinfo iwl4965=20
> >>
> >> you can build wireless compat (mentioned somewhere here on the list)
> >=20
> > Thanks for the modinfo command. Worked great. Turns out I have version
> > 1.2.25.=20
> >=20
> > I can't find the reference on the list for what is the latest version.
> > I went to Lenovo:
> >=20
> > http://tinyurl.com/65dbx5
> >=20
> > And they don't list any wireless drivers. I'm sure it's somewhere on
> > Lenovo's site, I just can't find it.
> I would never go to Lenovo for a linux driver unless you're running SLED1=
0.
>=20
> For the Intel, go to the Intel wireless site and get the compat-wireless=
=20
> package.  The one I have is from 5/3/08 and is 1.2.26kd.  I've been=20
> taking this approach for over a month and it's been stable.
>=20
> The Ubuntu backports package should also be sufficient now as well...
>=20

Personally I've had a problem with 3 may 08. 1 may 08 works much better for=
 me.
There has been a big change between the two, don't remember what for now bu=
t a
lot of lines