[ltp] T60p And Atheros AR5418 with ndiswrapper

Bill Moseley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 May 2008 07:04:53 -0700

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:47:43AM +0200, Michael Gaber wrote:
> well
> why exactly would one want to use ndiswrapper instead of ath5k/madwifi?

Rhetorical question?

I have notes from Gutsy where I had to install madwifi from svn.
So the ndiswrapper approach was much faster.

I'm also at a location once a week where my wireless won't connect
to the access point, but people running Windows connect fine.  So,
thought I'd try the Windows driver.

Oddly, when trying to setup wireless yesterday I was having
authentication problems with my Netgear AP.  I reset the security on
the AP to "WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK" after disabling all security (while
testing) and my T60p connects w/o any problem but my Apple iBook no
longer will connect.

There's always something that doesn't quite work...

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org