[ltp] diagnosing a freeze on T60p with ubuntu hardy

Daniel Castro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 May 2008 19:41:57 +0100

have you ran the mem test from the grub menu? that will tell you if your
problem is with the RAM....
there are other bootable hardware test you can try for the processor,
hard drive, etc.... i haven't done it in a while so i'm not sure which
one to recommend. but i'm pretty sure google knows...

do you notice the caps lock led blinking when it freezes...? i had
freezing problems before (on a T61) which where related to kernel
2.6.22... but now that i'm on hardy (2.6.24) all my problems have
disappeared....

good luck

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6