[ltp] diagnosing a freeze on T60p with ubuntu hardy

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 May 2008 11:02:42 +0100

What is your graphics card, and what are you doing at the time of the
freeze?
I can get exactly the same symptoms (frozen system but with stuttering
sound) pretty reproducibly by playing a video in mplayer using the gl2
video output and selecting full-screen. This is with an ATI Mobility
FireGL V5250.
Provided I don't play video then 99% of the time it's fine.

Phil