[ltp] diagnosing a freeze on T60p with ubuntu hardy

Scott Rossillo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 May 2008 07:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

I have the same problem with a ThinkPad T60.  I'm running the newest
Ubuntu 8.04 now but this happened back with Fedora 6 and 7 as well.

My best guess is that it's related to the ATI hardware or ATI proprietary
driver.  The weird thing is that it's a full system hang, not a kernel
panic making me think there's a hardware problem.

Ironically, without a kernel panic, there is no way gather evidence into
what caused the problem.

~ Scott