[ltp] Re: New ThinkPad-Source (2.6.25)

Elias Oltmanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 May 2008 17:12:07 +0200

Flyser <CC.Fan@gmx.de> wrote:
> Elias Oltmanns wrote:
>> Could you elaborate on that a little? Sorry if I missed something, just
>
>> start at the beginning and give a short description of the problem. Does
>> it occur with or without the patch at
>> http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2008-February/04
>>2226.html applied?
>
> No I thought this is not needed in 2.6.25 anymore? So the answer is without
> the patch

Yes, it is still required, I'm afraid. When merging the disk shock
protection feature into mainline, the patch will be heavily reorganised
and there will be a way to avoid this problem then. However, there still
are some rather tricky design issues to be solved before we can go
ahead.

Regards,

Elias