[ltp] External video on T61

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 May 2008 07:07:25 -0500

if you do install the Nvidia drivers from source, remember, each time
you update your kernel, you will need to reinstall the nvidia driver
most likely....so its probably better to just keep the copy of the
driver that you used in your docs or something....

The stupid thing is, the nvidia drivers that ubuntu uses are the
nvidia drivers from the website, it just that the driver is not
packaged with nvidia-settings.  There is probably a decent reason for
this overall, but I sometimes wish there were able to make it work
with their .deb release of the driver.

Chris..