[ltp] Battery croaked

Francois Maltey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 May 2008 17:15:07 +0200

Hi Dmitry,
> Long answer: Spare battery market is flooded with second-grade
> (typically asian made) battery cells which simply do not perform as
> good as original (but are cheap). If you manage to get *original*
> battery, you're good.
Do you have any idea about the differences between *original* and
*second-choice* batteries (as I see in ebay) ? I never test
second-choice battery.

How many time a battery can be warranted :
I establish more than 2 years for an original battery ?
But I ignore the age a second-choice battery can last.

These second choice battery are sold with a right capacity.
Is it the real capacity or not ? What is this capacity 6 month after ?

Many thanks for any advice.

Francois