[ltp] Battery croaked

Olaf Schultz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 May 2008 19:59:24 +0200

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 02:24, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> As if I don't have enough problems today at the university I tried to
> turn on my T61 and nada. I would boot only with the power cord. The
> battery was completely flat. I had used it on battery power earlier in
> the day for 15-20 minutes with a full charge, then shut it down.
>
> Evidently the nine-cell replacement battery that I bought on eBay has
> croaked. I still have the six-cell that came with the T61. Does anyone
> have any suggestions for a place to get a nine-cell that will work for
> more than a few months without dying?

Sure, that the cell is dead? Or the battery-back own ,,intelligence
agency'' got corrupt? :-)

Background: After garbled-screen-dead A30 I bougt a used A31 (also
used). Up to that time the A30-pack had around 2 hours support
time....ones full into the A31 it had only 10 minutes or so, regardles
of fully loaded or not. Opened the pack and direct acces to the cells
with a labratory power supply and appropiate metering: The cells clearly
have no problem. It's the electonic inside the pack, which calculate the
power-in and -out flow... These can be reprogrammed.  There are some
(expensive) tools for Microsoft-OS as I researched in the net... Or with
special tools, menioned in thinkwiki.org IIRC. But up to now I hadned
tried this...

By the way: In the A30-Pack (FRU PN 02K6897) IBM used Panasonic
CGR18650A-cells...

The both deliquant chips are
-M62150FP
-M37516 M8A69 1440A