[ltp] LEDs on X60

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 May 2008 22:43:04 +0300

I was asked to forward this to the list ...

Hi all,
I would like to control all the LEDs on my Thinkpad x60. I know that
the power, battery, onoff and standby LEDs can be controlled by
using the /proc/acpi/ibm/led but I have no idea how to change the
hd, numlock, capslock, wlan and bluetooth ones. I checked some
source code of wlan drivers and screen keyboards to understand how
to do what i want, but i only got to the point, that some are based
on the xserver, using cryptic xgtkds_kdai() functions that i find
hard to understand.

To sum it up, I would like to code a kernel module that adds
/proc/acpi/ibm/allleds to the proc-filesystem to have free access to
all the lights Is there anyone here who is familiar with the other
nasty LEDS?

Thanks so much
Rainer