[ltp] External video on T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 May 2008 16:42:40 -0700

Thanks to all who replied.

I have not found a solution yet. However, I went to the audio-visual
support office at the university and was told that the projectors in
the classrooms can generally do 1280 x 1024, but not all of them can go
that high, yet some can do even better.

I know I have seen professors and students give presentations where
they connected their laptops to the equipment in the classroom. In each
case the entire screen of the laptop was displayed on the wall screen.
And I could tell that the laptops were running way better than 640 x
480, which is all I could get with the projector in the practice
presentation room. When professors and students connected their laptops
it "just worked."

I have not been able to try the projector in the classroom because I
need to find a time when the room is not in use. That is my next
experiment.

All this would be unnecessary if I could get OpenOffice.org Impress
that is installed on the Windows computer in the classroom to play my
video. I have no problem with OOo 2.4 on my Hardy T61, but OOo on
Windows XP can't play any of the formats I have - .mov, .avi and .mpeg.