[ltp] Re: hdaps-protect-patch for 2.6.25

Elias Oltmanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2008 09:29:12 +0200

"Dmitry E. Mikhailov" <sexandvodka@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 May 2008 08:37:57 pm Rolf Kutz wrote:
>> On 21/05/08 16:49 +0600, Dmitry E. Mikhailov wrote:
>
>> >Hi all,
>> >
>> >Does anyone have success with hdaps queue protect patch under 2.6.25?
>>
>> Were did you get the patch from? the rc9 one
>> doesn't even apply cleanly to my tree.
>>
>> regards, Rolf
>
> I got exactly that rc9 patch.
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/HDAPS#Disk_head_parking
>  And it applied cleanly. The point is it still (even with fix) hanging my
> laptop.

Can you reproduce those hangs reliably and easily? If so, you could
perhaps describe more precisely under which circumstances they occur.
Also, could you please test a kernel only patched with the disk-protect
patch [1] and the small fix [2], i.e., without any additional patches
(undervolting etc.).

Regards,

Elias

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hdaps.devel/1245