[ltp] Battery croaked

Olaf Schultz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2008 17:03:12 +0200

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 05:09, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Olaf Schultz wrote:
> > of fully loaded or not. Opened the pack and direct acces to the cells
> > with a labratory power supply and appropiate metering: The cells clearly
> > have no problem. It's the electonic inside the pack, which calculate the
>
> Did you graph the cell discharge rate at the typical load for your
> thinkpad?
>
> > power-in and -out flow... These can be reprogrammed.  There are some
>
> For cell gas gauge reset, the only thing you need to do it is to
> full-charge, deep-drain until the notebook powers off in firmware, and
> full-charge the pack again.  The cells dislike a lot the deep drain, and
> don't like the two full-charges that much either, so one should not do
> this too often.

Does not work yesterday as some weeks before...100%...5 Minutes to 80 %,
than direct to shutdown...also in memtest86 the same behaviour...no
OS-Influence.

the next time I'll discharge the cells at an resistor with direct access
to the cells and messure the capacity via an AD-card...

Olaf
--
Olaf Schultz
Heimfelder Straße 77