[ltp] does anyone have the iwl3945 driver working?

Ben Pearre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2008 12:11:01 -0600

Hi!

Your description maybe sounds like what I experienced before I found
that I had to install the (non-free) firmware package, which I started
to document (ie. only for my distro) here:

  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Iwl3945

For the record, I have the 3945 on a Thinkpad T61, and it works
nigh-flawlessly with the iwl3945 in stock Debian kernel 2.6.25.  The
only problem I have (probably a software issue) is that when I wake
the laptop up, networkmanager sometimes does not see new networks, and
I have to do "iwlist wlan0 scan" once or twice before networkmanager
gets off its fat lazy ass and connects.  Should put that in my wakeup
scripts, but the system is still stock Debian unstable, and I'm done
being a sysadmin.

HTH,
-Ben

--