[ltp] [ltp]Questtion about battery

Dom linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 May 2008 22:58:43 +0200

Venture Lee wrote:
> Hello, Everybody:
>
>         I want to konw something about battery while Gentoo Linux is
> ran on my Thinkpad X60
>
>         First, whether or not the setting information is save by the
> battery.
>
>             E.g, #echo 10 >
> /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/start_charge_thresh
>
>         In that case,how bettery save the information is ?
>
>         Be save in the memory which in bettery?
>
>         Thanks a lot!
>

> liwenqiu
Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you want to save that setting permanently.

To my knowledge this setting won't be saved - the value will be
restarted after you restart your system.

There's one way to keep the setting, even after restart. You will have
to edit /etc/sysfs.conf  (this is for Debian, I don't know if that's
where you'll find it on Gentoo but this is configuration file for
setting sysfs attributes so you may search for it...)

Add this line to the mentioned file:
devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/start_charge_thresh=10

BTW, here's what I use, if you're interested:
devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/start_charge_thresh=40
devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/stop_charge_thresh=70

--
Dom
http://domdelimar.com