[ltp] [ltp]Questtion about battery

Jose Celestino linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 May 2008 13:54:08 +0100

Words by Yves-Alexis Perez [Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:45:30PM +0200]:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:51:30AM +0000, Pierre Massat wrote:
> > On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Venture Lee <liwenqiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >             E.g, #echo 10 >
> > > /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/start_charge_thresh
> > >         Be save in the memory which in bettery?
> >
> > It won't be save in the battery.
>
> I disagree. Either it's save in the battery or in thinkpad firmware, but you
> definitively don't have to apply this at each boot, it'll survive restart and
> poweroff, as long as you don't run out of power (battery and/or AC)
> completely.

Same here. Those are saved somewhere. Don't have any config to configure
those on startup but they are consistently 25,85. Or maybe this is a
default.

--
Jose Celestino | http://japc.uncovering.org/files/japc-pgpkey.asc
"I trust my family jewels only to Linux" -- Knuth