[ltp] [ltp]Questtion about battery

Wed, 28 May 2008 18:00:26 -0300

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Laurent Gilson wrote:
>> Sorry to be a skeptic, but is there any evidence that this
>> actually increases battery life?
>
> Read this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion#Storage_temperature_and_charge

And this:
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

>> I would have thought that if this was so
>> then battery/laptop manufacturers would have included this
>> as part of the standard operating system?
>
> You want a 100% full battery to work with, not 70%. So this is just
> for storing them, not for daily use.

Speak for yourself.  I happen to find 80% of my current battery to be
enough most of the time.

And if you are going to store Li-ION batteries, store at 40% and in a
cool place (5 to 15°C, never freeze).  Mine are on the refrigerator, the
9-cell has degraded just 2% since it was bought.  The same-age 6-cell I
use all the time is already degraded by 35%, and it has just been
through 60 cycles.

  Henrique Holschuh