[ltp] [ltp]Questtion about battery

Wed, 28 May 2008 18:04:07 -0300

On Wed, 28 May 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I disagree. Either it's save in the battery or in thinkpad firmware, but you
> definitively don't have to apply this at each boot, it'll survive restart and
> poweroff, as long as you don't run out of power (battery and/or AC)
> completely.

It is on the EC CMOS RAM.  It should be lost when you power off and
remove AC, unless Lenovo is now leaving the EC on (maybe in sleep mode?
the Reneasas uCs used in ThinkPads draw just a few microWatts in sleep
mode) while a battery is around, now (if this is true, it will only
happen on *60 and *61 ThinkPads.  The T4x, R5x and older *do* shutdown
the EC when AC is off and the laptop is off).

  Henrique Holschuh