[ltp] T23 memory

Marcin Trybus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 May 2008 11:59:34 +0200

--------------enigD35CE134D3620B27E6A6E2D1

njcross wrote:
> I have a really good refurbished T23 with 1gig of RAM. I've read that
> it's not possible to replace the 1gig with a 2 or 4gig memory module.
> Is this true?

Your 1 GB of RAM has to be 2x 512 MB. According to the documentation
that's the maximum amount. I've never seen a 1 GB and AFAIK there are no
2 or 4 GB PC133 SO-DIMM memory modules at all, so your question seems a
bit strange to me.

If it's really good with 1 GB then why upgrade? I don't think it needs
more RAM then 1 GB. I have 512 MB on it and it's sufficient for everyday
computing.

Since this has come up. Can anyone point me (via private msg) to a
UK-based memory supplier that will ship to Poland? The cost 512 MB
modules for my T23 over here is out of this world (reaching 60 Euro!).
I've seen quite a few of them on eBay, but I'd like to get one from
someone that will send me memory that will fit and work (because the
cost of sending it is just as big as the cost memory itself).

Thank you.

Marcin Trybus

--=20
JabberID: Llewelyn_MT@jabster.pl