[ltp] Volume buttons for T61p

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 May 2008 11:03:39 -0600

Is anyone running KDE4 on T61p.  I just got mine a week or so ago am
running gentoo.  I thought I'd give KDE4 a whirl (normally use KDE3).
So far I am somewhat underwhelmed by it, but since I only really use
amarok, konsole, konqueror, and kopete, I thought I could get by.

Has anyone been able to get the volume control buttons working in
KDE4?  (Using xmodmap and kmix I've can get mute to sometimes work).
I guess I'll ask about KDE3 too, since I'll probably go ahead and
install it?

-matt

(somewhat sad because it seems that my R52 was/is better supported
when I got it than my T61p is (that came with OpenSUSE))