[ltp] segmentation fault on connection with compat-wireless + kernel 2.6.25.4 + iwl4965

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 31 May 2008 13:10:35 +0300

I tried installing kernel 2.6.25.4 yesterday with compat-wireless to run the
iwl4965 wireless card (leds and rfkill enabled).

It seems to work fine until I try to connect (wpa2 network). It associates with
the app, and it seems that when it tries to run wpa or something (not sure
exactly since I don't have any output), the machines locks with a segmentation
fault.

Tried version 1 may 08 (which works with 2.6.25.3) and 27 may 08.

Kernel 2.6.25.3 works fine with compat wireless from 1 may 08 but anything
later it segfaults when trying to load the module.

i don't know if it is a faulty card, the led/rfkill options or some kernel
option. Any idea?

thanks